Monday, November 11, 2013

I Am Link

.
--- The Tom-inator - When we wrote up names being mentioned for the new Terminator movie last week (including Garett Hedlund and Boyd Holbrook) we somehow missed that Tom Hardy was also amongst them; apparently he's more than amongst them, he's tops. Mmm Tom Hardy tops... what was I talking about?

--- Free Creek - Hooray happy day the Weinsteins aren't coming anywhere near Wolf Creek 2 - the film's been picked up by Image Entertainment for a release some time next year here in the US. You may or may not recall (I do my best to bitch about it every time I can) that Harvey & Co shat out the brilliant disturbing film on Christmas Day way back when here in the US, thereby dooming it to nothingness when it was worthy of such better treatment.

--- New Boyfriend - Francois Ozon's next movie, called The New Girlfriend, will star Romain Duris; I am already there. This reminds me though - where is Michel Gondry's movie with Duris? I want that now!

--- Gorgeous Ladies of Horror - Since icky girls are apparently banned from the playhouse that is the sausage-fest that is the V/H/S movies, a bunch of female horror directors have teamed up to make XX, a horror anthology for shorts directed by you guessed it female horror directors. Each segment will have a female lead character, as well. American Psycho's Mary Harron is the name I'm most enthusiastic about of course, but I think this is a kick-ass idea all around.

--- Doll Dementia -  There might be three spin-off movies from The Conjuring coming, which makes sense when you consider the fact that The Conjuring was already trying to tell like ten stories as it was. One of them will tell the story of that doll Annabelle, because people still apparently find dolls creepy. (I think my tone gives up the fact that I do not, for the most part, find dolls creepy. Although I refer you to the 1987 movie Dolls, which undermines that argument.) Anyway let's hope they find an excuse to put Patrick Wilson in running shorts, the end.

--- Mogwai Up - I really think that HuffPo might be over-stepping a bit calling the writer Seth Grahame-Smith "the king of modern horror-comedy," like... a bit. Yes he wrote the books Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, and he wrote the screenplay for Tim Burton's Dark Shadows, but... well none of those things were all that great. I suppose quantity-wise he's the king of something. Anyway SGS is apparently writing the script for a Gremlins reboot. This reminds me of Frances Ha, where Frances undateable roommate Benji says he's working on an unsolicited spec script for Gremlins 3.

--- Girl Places - Even though we haven't read Gillian Flynn's book yet we're looking forward to Dark Places, the movie, because it stars Charlize Theron and we're always excited to see Charlize. Speaking of, The Playlist has the first official picture of Charlize in the movie - it's basically just Charlize looking hot in a tee and baseball cap, which is fine with us. She gives us creepy heterosexual feelings.

--- And finally there's not a whole lot to see in the first teaser for HBO's new "The Gay Girls!" show Looking (and I really wish I could find a better yet just as succinct way to describe the show than "The Gay Girls") other than hey look it's Jonathan Groff and hey look it's Russell Tovey for a split second or two. But I don't mind looking at Russell or Jonathan for a second or two.
.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen them filming all over town; I really hope it's not as excruciatingly off depiction of San Francisco as pretty much everything since Vertigo.

Anonymous said...

Gondry's movie is in the Internet, and it's sort of like "The science of sleep" but less good (Romain is as dreamy as ever).